Restoring pond, what to do with pumps and filters

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,
I am really new to the pond world but there was an existing pond in my new house( around 4000L). It was a real mess so I've started cleaning and fixing it. The thing that confuses me is what to do with filtration and pumps, I intend on keeping some small fish in it. The pond came with a pump connected to a small waterfall and a pump connected to a filter. What would you guys recommend for this pond, I've read about aeration pumps aswel so I really don't know what i need to get.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1654794720517.gif
@Bjorn2002

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome! Not sure what you mean by what to do with them. Is the pump not working or another issue? If working, the pump running the waterfall will provide aeration for the pond.

Lots of folks here like bog filters as a low maintenance long term algae fighting solution. These can be in addition to your filter or as a primary filter.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The problem with the pumps is that one is not working sadly and the other was only connected to the waterfall, also the filter to wich the non working pump was connected has surely seen better days. My main issue was with wether or not i needed to get several pumps or if i could connect one with the waterfall and filter(which i've been told today i can). So now i know what to do, i am going to connect the pump to a simple filter and then route it out through the waterfall and add a small air suply to make sure that is taken care off. Thank you for your response:)

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Your welcome, glad you got it figured out. Look forward to some pictures of your setup if you get a chance.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sure thing, it might take a while and it might not be the prettiest but i'll post the pictures when the project is finished.

Ask a Question