Retro fitting pond pump

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
I've decided to do away with the waterfall pump (if possible), and just go with the filter pump. This is an existing system with the filter, and pump I installed last year. The pump is a 5000 gph, sized for the filter (4000 gal pond). I am looking for ideas on what to do with the suction side of the pump which now is the discharge side of the waterfall pump. This is 2" to the waterfall, the suction side of the filter pump is just above the discharge side in the waterfall. I know I will have to put a pup in between the two existing openings in the waterfall, but am not sure about how the velocity of the water will have on the fish. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Fall is here!
20181029_180927.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A few leaves! Due to our wind patterns I get very few leaves in my ponds. And we have a lot of trees,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
There are two red bud trees over the waterfall side of the pond. My sixth graders and I put the net out 2 weeks ago.

Ask a Question