Returning Member

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a long time, and found out recently that I've been missing out on a lot of valuable garden pond advice. I live in the woods of the Hocking Hills area in SE Ohio. My Husband and I have a 44,000 gallon mud pond. We have had it for almost 5 years and it is still evolving, as we are constantly adding and dividing plants. I found that I cannot use a pressurized filter as it will just load up with mud. I have the pond aerated and our 1st group of Koi are at least 15 inches long and having offspring. We love the peacefulness and tranquility of having a pond. We are now thinking of making a bog pond in another part of the yard. I'm looking to purchase a new pump and really appreciate any recommendations you want to make.

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a long time, and found out recently that I've been missing out on a lot of valuable garden pond advice. I live in the woods of the Hocking Hills area in SE Ohio. My Husband and I have a 44,000 gallon mud pond. We have had it for almost 5 years and it is still evolving, as we are constantly adding and dividing plants. I found that I cannot use a pressurized filter as it will just load up with mud. I have the pond aerated and our 1st group of Koi are at least 15 inches long and having offspring. We love the peacefulness and tranquility of having a pond. We are now thinking of making a bog pond in another part of the yard. I'm looking to purchase a new pump and really appreciate any recommendations you want to make.

Welcome back, I haven't been here in close to 5 years as well, just came back a couple weeks ago. Here we all are with our 1500-5000G ponds and you have a 44000G pond WOW.

Reaction score
I will post some photos very soon. Trying to spruce everything up from Winter. I believe it is 44,000 gallons. It is 40 X 30 and 5 feet deep in the middle with steep drops on most of the sides.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome back to the group of pond crazies!

Ask a Question