RIP--Mr. Arbuckle

Reaction score
Neighbor came over this morning. His favorite really big goldfish was dead on the bottom of their pond. On examination, Arbuckle had two puncture marks and recently a blue Heron has been visiting.

Wally, my neighbor, has a fake Heron as do I. But our ponds are different. Mine has steep sides and is deep planning maybe for Koi. Wally's is shallower and has sloping sides.

Without plants yet and only one table under which to hide, the fish were vulnerable. Wally constructed a 6 ft. diameter floating net to augment the table until he can put another in for hiding.

I told him he might consider one of those motion activated sprayers. Anybody had any luck with those?

Reaction score
those are more for 4 legged animals...but i dont see why it wouldnt work...usually the fake heron works...they also suggest that you move them around the pond often because herons are usually territorial...

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. Been there done that. I still lost all my fish. Don't forget, the raccoons come out at night and they are used to sprinklers. If the GBH doesn't get them, the raccoons do. Best to cover and use alarms so you know when they are out there.

Ask a Question