ripped pond liner

Reaction score
is it possible to mend a torn pond liner? I have developed a fifty pence size hole approx. 4 inches from top of pond.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
liners can absolutely be repaired...you can buy repair tape or glue a scrap piece on..is your liner epdm rubber or pvc? and i have no idea what a 50 pence size hole is. youll just have to drain the water to a level a couple inches under the hole, clean the surface real good and use the appropriate adhesive for a scrap piece patch, or buy a patch kit online. a piece of scrap wood or something flat slid in behind the liner will make working the repair easier and give you a better finish product.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We tore ours a few years back. We cleaned it with Mineral Spirits, be careful not to get any in the water. Bought double sided sticky repair tape and stuck a scrap piece of liner to it. Went around the whole piece with silicone. It never leaked.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
[ame]
THE PATCH TAPE IS 6" WIDE, at least the tape available locally here is... i did this and then coated the patch edges with aquqrium silicone. i just had to wait 24 houirs to refill pond

Reaction score
Good vid if you can empty the pond to the point where you need to fix the hole. There are a few products that allow you to fix the liner UNDER WATER, if you can't empty the pond at that spot. Daphne, where is your hole?

Reaction score
Well, duh! yes, yes, then the vid works perfectly. Otherwise you gotta drain unless you use when of them goopy things you can use underwater.

Ask a Question