j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks Colleen. I have had those mini ones for years and keep dividing them up to put here and there. Some in ground some in pond. Yes Parrots Feather comes back every year. We don't get real cold but do get some temps below freezing sometimes but not for long. Get some ice on pond now and then but nothing too bad. Have had the pond freeze over w/ just the bubbling air and water pumps keeping holes open.

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_3666.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There is a great nursery in SC and grasses and sedges they just sell in the garden centers .get lemon grass it works great and smells great .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
one I like is baker pond and garden center 451 west butternut rd in summerville sc

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have you googled any my sister in laws family is from up that way and I do know they have a pond and just IM .ed her on face book to ask her where they get theres .I know the place has a funny name .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know you can buy plants at a garden there in there gift shop because she bought me a dolphin plant there .

Reaction score
If you can even come up with the name of a town, I can figure out if it would be a reasonable drive. We have one place about 20 minutes away that gets a few things, but mostly tropicals... and a place 45 minutes away, same story ... I did manage to get a mini plant with a hand written tag marked as lemon grass, but not sure if that is what it really is...

and what is a dolphin plant LOL...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
russells garden center 397 boston post rd wayland mass she gets her pond plants there and said there is another place near the cape that has great plants too .She has it written down some where .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure she sent me one small plant and flowers she said look like dolphins jumping .She likes the one in Wayland nicer stuff and bigger variety and she said they have a websight .

Reaction score
thank you... will have to look for their website... that is 2 hrs away... even west of Boston... I am basically as far east as Boston as you can get and still be on land;-)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lemon grass can be found in oriental grocery stores .It comes in a stalk and is like a bulb and you just put it in water and it gets roots .Looks like a leak or scallion

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mahoneys is one she mentions also there are several of them and they sell nice grasses .She has lots of them on her property .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I order plants from florida hill nurseries.com online and the tender ones I just put in the basement for winter .They are really cheap too .

Reaction score
Mahoney's was a great suggestion. I forgot all about them. They are almost an hour away but always had nice nursery stock in the past. Worth going there just to look at all the stock, not just for the pond... will also check out the link. Especially with the grasses, I get confused between which is for dry land only, what does ok as a marginal, and which I can put right into the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most grasses can go in water .I have ribbon grass and purple fountain grass

Ask a Question