addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking a heck lot better! great job you and your kids.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow really looks clear compared to the first time you showed us the pond

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You and the kids did a great job! Those little fishies are going to be so much happier through the summer!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nova the water looks very clear and are those rocks on the bottom that you put there or did the storm wash them in? If you put them in there yourself you may find that you will want to take them out at some point if they give you too much of a headache when trying to keep the crud off the bottom. Some here like rocks and others like I say get headaches thinking about them :confused:

Reaction score
The rocks were put in when the pond was made 5-6 years ago. I know there is thick sludge under and around the rocks. My hubby and I shop vacced the bottom about 2 years ago but never did get it completely clean just better. I would like them out or at least fewer rocks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aw yes that is why lot's of people don't put rocks on the bottom. Sludge builds and is hard to get out and causes bad bacteria to build up and contaminate water and then fish die. If you can get them out I would do it and it will make your job much easier in the long run. If the rocks aren't too heavy you could use a long pole w/ a strong netting on it to scoop them out or if you have a really hot day just get in there and cool off and scoop them out and have fun :confused:

Ask a Question