For Sale Selling it all, East Bay Calif

Reaction score
I had an above ground pond built. I understand that, though I bought from a reputable Koi dealer, I had no idea what I was doing, so I bought what I liked and have no idea of the type of Koi. Many of you know the exact names and such. They are big and I have no way to transport, so one must be ready to transport them. Again I have no idea what I am doing other than I have enjoyed the pond, the waterfalls and yet my lifestyle has changed. I find myself away a lot and the fish are getting bigger, which means more maintenance I have no time for. I will post a picture of when it was first built, May 2013, and today. If you take all the fish, the filters and pumps will come with them. IF only a fish or two, then that is all that goes. Taking pictures of the fish has been a challenge with the glare of the water. So here are the first set of pictures that show the pond at its best and now. I will upload pictures I tried to get of the fish from my ipad, stay tuned.

I have 3 shubunkin goldfish, free
I have 5 Koi ranging in size from 12-18" without the tails in the equation (I heard that's how you measure)
Of the 5 koi, I have the smallest an almost pure orange, I have a large pure white, 2 large Black/grey scales with the white (one has very large looking scales, and someone told me those were German Scales, I smiled and nodded). Then my prize and one if I had a way, would keep keep keep, my nearly pure black with orange glittering here and there. Actually if I could I'd keep the pure white and the black. You almost never see the black one until it's just about to come at you with mouth open to eat, then it swishes away and splashes you like the whales at Seaworld.

I have a Laguna Pressure-Flo 2100, 1400 (just the canister and pump to run one of my waterfalls), and another Home Depot style water fall and pump (fake rocks on the outside and where you can place plants inside the top). I have tons of parts for the waterfalls and floating plants.

The pond is approximately 500 gallons. It has served me well and as I write this, I want to retract it all and think, nah, I can continue to do the work of maintaining it....but I know that's not true. I have gotten into the world of dog shows, trials, hunting, etc. I have pictures of it being built, at it's best with Coral in the water to keep the Kh values for the plants, to today, no plants just fish and waterfalls. I will throughout the day and days, try and upload better pictures of the fish.
IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0667.JPG 00909_j9YXtY9hqMT_600x450.jpg

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Oh yeah, by the way, the dimensions are: 73 1/2" back to front, 83" side to side, 32" bottom to top

Finally got the algae beat back this weekend and the pond is crystal clear. With nearly no shade and lots of sun, it's been a battle.

I have all the wood still, to have created garden boxes and have the waterfalls overflow from there, however, that never happened, and the "test" waterfalls, remain. The one on the right is pure stainless steel, the one on the left is the Home Depot one.

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So, I assume you are getting rid of everything and are wanting to re-home the fish....? And sell your equipment?

Have you checked your local area for a koi club, koi dealer, or anyone who might be interested in the fish?

Ask a Question