addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww Will thanks for the update! Takes a real man that wears pink.........to admit they were wrong.............lmao

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Well, I would have admitted my error much sooner, but forgot about this old thread. Bill (WeWilly) knows that I have an updated opinion, I forgot this thread was out there. My real fault was in my failure to research my information, and allowing opinions to color my judgement of facts.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
we are all only human Will..................you are forgiven!

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with Sequence Pumps, they are decent pumps which we both used ourselves and sold to customers for several years. But proclaiming any pump to be the "best" is a matter of personal opinion. When choosing any external pond pump we highly recommend our customers take the time to review and compare the published performance curves themselves to make sure the pump they select will actually deliver the flow rate they hope to achieve. The advertised maximum flow rates for Sequence 750 Series Pumps are based on zero feet of total dynamic head (TDH). Unfortunately, any experienced pond builder will tell you that 0' TDH rarely exists in a real-world pond build. This explains why most external pump manufacturers base the advertised maximum flow rates for their pumps 5 feet TDH. The flow rate at 5' TDH provides a far more realistic expectation of the actual flow rate you can expect to see once a pump is physically installed on your pond. For example, Sequence Pump model 3600SEQ12 is commonly advertised to have a maximum flow rate of 3,600 GPH when in reality this model only delivers a flow rate of 2,700 GPH at 5' TDH based on the manufacturer's own published performance curve. The other model in the Sequence 750 Series, 4200SEQ12 is advertised to have a max flow rate of 4,200 GPH but really only pushes 2,900 GPH at 5' TDH. Many comparable competitor pumps on the market -- including Elite 800 Series Pumps, PerformancePro Cascade Pumps, among several others -- use 5' TDH as the baseline for their advertised flow rates. By comparison, an Elite Pumps model 3600ELT17 is advertised to have a maximum flow rate of 3,600 GPH but will actually push 4,220 GPH at 0' TDH. An Elite model 4600ELT19, which is advertised to have a max flow rate of 4,600 GPH, will in reality push 5,250 GPH at 0' TDH. And the largest model in the Elite 800 Series, 5600ELT22 has an advertised max flow rate of 5,600 GPH but at 0' TDH will easily push 6,300 GPH based on the published performance curve. If you review the performance curves for PerformancePro Cascade Pumps they will reveal something similar. All three of these quality pump lines offer comparable energy efficiency and are covered by a three year warranty, so again, it is really up to the individual pond owner to make sure they do their research to make sure they select a quality pump that will ultimately deliver the level of performance they require.

sequenceelitecomparison.jpg

Ask a Question