Should I try and pull up the low end?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Cool, so how did the first one work out? Did you have visitors? Do you have to do water changes once in a while to prevent the water from becoming stagnent?

I see you have a bird feeder right next to it, I'm sure the birds will love it, I know the birds around my house love the pond and feeders nearby.... you can tell by the number of droppings left on all the rocks lol.

Reaction score
Thanks addy1.

Cool, so how did the first one work out? Did you have visitors? Do you have to do water changes once in a while to prevent the water from becoming stagnent?

First one seems to have worked out really well. I added some snails and oxygenating plants and apart from keeping the plants in check I've not done anything else to it. From time to time I add a little more rain water to top it up but I've not done any water changes.

When I first set it up I was lucky enough to get a water iris from a friend. The iris had been standing in some stagnent water and when I transfered it to my pond I also transfered across leeches, worms and even some rat tailed maggots.

Recently I rescued some tadpoles from a local pond which was almost dry and added them to the little pond and they're coming along great.

Attachments

• wildlifepond1-01-26June2012.jpg
    wildlifepond1-01-26June2012.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 191

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks nice and comfy in there for all your critter visitors! Nice of you to help the poor little taddies out!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We need to change the name from figgy to taddy rescuer! Great job! Yep it does look like a nice home for tads

Ask a Question