Simple Pleasures

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Really nice video and great pond! How do you keep the heron away as I can think only that would spoil what you've created. Also, what make/model of camera did you use for the underwater shots? Thanks for sharing!

Michael

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Really nice video and great pond! How do you keep the heron away as I can think only that would spoil what you've created. Also, what make/model of camera did you use for the underwater shots? Thanks for sharing!

Michael
I really do not have heron problems. Last year when I built it then heron did come by a few days but was very nervous and actually stayed up in the trees more looking at the pond. We have three dogs and that really helps keep them away. I only seen the heron once here this year in the early morning and when I opened the door to let the dogs out the heron flew off. I have not seen it again this year. There is a big pond across the street from me, so I think it is easier to go there then my pond to avoid the dogs.

For the underwater shots I used canon's D20, they do have a D30 now

The heron defender

IMG_3098.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wonderful! Love the ducks, did you put them there, or did they adopt you? So peaceful

They are wild ducks. We have had a total of 4 males and 3 females at different times. Some days only minutes and some days 8hrs or more. Thanks for the comment. A pair is here this morning while I type this :)

Reaction score
This is just toooo beautiful. I thought an alligator snagged the ducks in the beginning section! They really traveled underwater! Your fish are very social, you must have gotten them used to you being part of their home!

Ask a Question