pond lettuce (1 of 1).JPG

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Awesome photo @GBBUDD , I wish I could have water lettuce but they're illegal here in the great state of TEXAS.
As here in LA, as well, but if you look around you might find some places that sell them. There’s a place in town here that sells WL and WH, though I haven’t gotten any from them this year.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried water lettuce, it never grew. Just floated around and finally died. Think my bog sucks the nutrients out the water that the lettuce needs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried water lettuce, it never grew. Just floated around and finally died. Think my bog sucks the nutrients out the water that the lettuce needs.
It's longevity is doubtful as my largest Koi has taken a liking to the roots of any and all plants.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's longevity is doubtful as my largest Koi has taken a liking to the roots of any and all plants.
Get some door screen, i.e. bug screen the nylon stuff, make a pocket around the roots. They will grow through and get nibbled, but the a good amount will be protected.

Ask a Question