Sink my air line!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had all the same struggles hiding my floating air lines. I have a small pond aerator with ¼” black air tubes. I wanted a solution that wouldn’t need to be reconfigured or built from scratch when I change locations of the air stones from time to time. Ultimately I used a 25’ black coiled telephone handset cord. Super easy!-Just slipped the line down the middle. Also, I was able to wind it around the white air regulator piece so it can’t be seen either. Small bonus, I think it is adds layer of protection for the hose. Hopes this information helps someone who is being driven crazy by their floating airlines.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I had all the same struggles hiding my floating air lines. I have a small pond aerator with ¼” black air tubes. I wanted a solution that wouldn’t need to be reconfigured or built from scratch when I change locations of the air stones from time to time. Ultimately I used a 25’ black coiled telephone handset cord. Super easy!-Just slipped the line down the middle. Also, I was able to wind it around the white air regulator piece so it can’t be seen either. Small bonus, I think it is adds layer of protection for the hose. Hopes this information helps someone who is being driven crazy by their floating airlines.
My aerator requires tubing that is too small for weighted line....This is a great answer to my problem, thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@rubyduby I THOUGHT WE WENT OVER THIS IN THE SPRING ? Take weighted line and fish your smaller air tubing through the weighted lines center

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
@rubyduby I THOUGHT WE WENT OVER THIS IN THE SPRING ? Take weighted line and fish your smaller air tubing through the weighted lines center
Yes, we did, and I did exactly that...It worked beautifully, thank you...I ran out of weighted line and thought that a small amount of the coiled telephone wire was a good idea for a small area since I did not want to have to buy another big amount of weighted line for such a small area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ah gotcha
I have got to work on my typing. I guess I'm realy bad at one finger plucking it always go to caps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, we did, and I did exactly that...It worked beautifully, thank you...I ran out of weighted line and thought that a small amount of the coiled telephone wire was a good idea for a small area since I did not want to have to buy another big amount of weighted line for such a small area.
I hope it works for you. Mine is working great and it was a $5 solution, so that’s always nice! Quick question- the fish are LOVING the small AirMax PondAir2. Would there be any harm for me to get the 4 air stone model for my small garden pond? I know it’s overkill, but if there is no down side for them…I’d do it. The pond receives full sun in the hot GA heat which makes me think the added air would help my bacteria fight muck n algae on waterfall rocks? Idk

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is this an aquarium air pump?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It’s is sold as a pond aerator (up to 2000 gallons) with 4 air stones, 1/8” air lines. The one I’ve been using the last couple of weeks is the 2 air stone model (up to 1000 gallons).

Ask a Question