Small solar powered pond build

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
So he showed up today with a young worker and replaced all the flagstone in the pond. The new guy did good work on it. When they were done with it and they still have to clean up the yard and rearrange the loose flagstones. I asked him to change it from a random placement to move them into a path across the yard that splits off into two directions. He will also have to cover up all the pipes. Also will be a couple of loads of DG to fill it all in. This will be done Saturday.

We had not talked about the price yet to get it all done and he would only say what he had to pay the guy and the material cost $130. He has spent many days here working on it himself but only between jobs which was fine. It was an understanding between us. He was hesitant to ask for any more and we both said a fair price.

I offered $500 which I think is fair and he happily accepted it. We have also fed them good food almost every day they have worked.

The pond to soon be refilled.

pond_build_073.jpg

Since I talked about his previous work I will throw up a couple pics of his previous work.

Our front yard.

flagstone_121.jpg

The driveway expansion, walls on either side, the steps and front patio.

The back yard.

flagstone_035.jpg

Before the pond the large patio, the back wall and Santa Maria pit BBQ. As you can see he always has done great work. I must have just asked him to do something out of his comfort zone that he felt too bad to refuse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
An update since my last post.

The pond and bog are no longer leaking but when I turned on the pumps from the bog to the pond I lost about 200 gallons overnight. This area did not leak before but was probably caused by the dismantling of the flagstone around the area.

I took time to silicone every crack I could see then when it was cured I placed a heavy coat of clear liquid rubber around the whole area.

I kicked on the pumps earlier today and after 6 hours the area where it was leaking to is still bone dry. The pond has not dropped at all.

I will call that a win and do not hope to have any more surprises.

Ask a Question