Small Waterfall

Reaction score
I could make another of these also :)

You are soooooo creative!!!! Love all these ideas!!!! Currently talking to hubby about how to position the watering can. The one you have in yellow, I bought in blue. Not a very big 'filter' I think its about 1/2 gall, but gotta work with what's available on island. I now have several plants in the pond, in some pots with kitty litter. See if that helps with the string algae, which will in turn help my hyacinth's who do NOT like algae.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
At one time I did have the pump sitting outside the stock tank. but if it happens to get bumped, it can divert to outside the pond and drain the water. I have it sitting on a concrete block inside the tank now. Also if you leave the tip on with the sprinkle holes they may clog or not let the water out fast enough. I also have my pump surrounded by scrubbies for extra bio filtration. Love to pics when your done. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a pretty pot on a concrete block in the middle of 1 of my stock tanks but we got a hail storm and lets say after the pot was not pretty any more :)A big shell would be pretty or maybe even a hollowed out piece of drift wood .I have a fiberglass shell for plants but it would make a great filter .

Reaction score
Country
United States
okay so all this talk of watering cans led me to this

61fs+9iqhtL.jpeg

of course I had to buy it....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just loosen the nut inside to the handle and you may have to leave it off and run your hose up through the space left .If it is like the HF one

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I feel the same way what's the use of starting a new project now .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
im thinking of using the idea of a small barrel or planter on the edge of my pond to try and make it a little less clinical looking loving the ideas that members have come up with and thats why i love hanging out here, i think my pond needs something, it was only built last year and i had to get the fish into there new home quickly as i only have one filter system and winter was close at my heels, so the nice showy looking parts are missing but when our summer comes i hope it will start to come together

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found a cracked pot at the dump and grabbed it and sprayed it with that leak seal in clear and just put water in it today and so far no leaks so I got something free but paid 9 dollars for the leak seal spray .It is and urn shape .I gotta love the dump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is drying in the basement .I took a pic but it is way to dark to see it .The lights were all on but it is towards the back and did not feel like dragging the extra light out .I cut a box out to put around it and a tarp over top and found out that spray stuff in the can takes a long time to dry in damper cool areas .I did not want it to pick up dust .Live and learn wait until you get warmer weather to do this .Next time read the can .;)GEEZE

Ask a Question