Snakes

popeye46

Frogville
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I just co exist with the snakes, so far have only seen black ones. They help wipe out the mice and moles we have here in abundance, getting fewer as I see more snakes around. So far no issues in the pond.

Then come over for a BBQ.

Don't they always?

It does. Hobbes, my biggest. Was an albino Burmese python. He was about 11' and over a 100 pounds. Started out as a tiny little thing, boy they grow up fast. Had to let him go though. One those kids start coming and your wife is scared He is going to eat a child, you have to make peace, but I digress.

Those fish are like family and when you mess with family, a message must be sent.

While I do enjoy cooking and baking I detest bundt cakes! Why the unnecessary pan for a fancy cake. As I said come over for a BBQ. The "yard" is actually an acre and a half garden with fields surounding it. I will admit, I aim for the raspberry patch when I throw them. Give them a message I mean business!

Ah the predator prey cycle! We are in the upswing for rabbits here after several bad years. Time to oil up the .22 and help those coyotes out!
Not to worried about mice and rats. 3 cats have seen they have never been a problem. They also occasionally help out with the snakes, but the more just play with them.

That would be great! If it works as well on dogs as you hinted I might be able to take care of the neighbors dogs who keep getting out and getting into my pond and flower beds. Do you know how it will work on pesky kids? I seem to never be able to take care of that problem.
this is for Ogrefcf your burmese must have been awesome my largest was a 15' reticulated that was beautiful a little overfed though weighed 190. been collected reptiles since I was a kid (now retired and still have a bearded dragon and 3 leopard tortoises. LOL

popeye46

Frogville
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Has anyone used snake away with any sucsess? I don't know why I'm asking because I'm giving it a try anyway. We have had a outbreak of snakes, mostly black runners and water snakes but a few king snakes as well. Problem is the water snakes. I've removed three from the koi pond so far this week and know that at least two have been seen in the pond I didn't get out. One small very colorful one that I'm worried MIGHT be venomous, the other is slightly larger but a common banded water snake. Not big enough to be a threat yet but it can get there if they stay around. Been there done that! lol
We got a heavy rain today and the frogs are singing away, I'm expecting to see at least one sometime before I head to bed tonight.
Nothing works to keep snakes away except a snake fence and they are ugly and expensive. The chemicals they sell are only for making the chemical companies rich. lol

Ask a Question