Solar water pump

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Sidt87 said:
Bringing back this topic! But does anyone know or can recommend a solar water pump for a pond that is 14 x 32 x 4ft? I believe it is around 11,000-13,000 gallons. Also wondering if a 2000gph pump would be sufficient enough for this large of a pond or would I have to go way higher than 2000gph?
Thanks.

What kind of fish load do you have? Ideally you want a turn rate of 1x per hour - hour and a half. More if you can.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have never heard of a solar powered pump that could even come close to circulating the kind of water turn over rate that you should be running. You need to be looking for a turn over rate of between 10,000 and 20,000 gph for sufficiant oxygen levels, The filter needs to be VERY large!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only thing you could get for solar is what I'm thinking of doing and that is solair wind and sun turbine .It cost around 3 thousand installed and no batteries to mess with .When you have sun or wind you are off grid when you don't you are on grid and it switches itself back and forth and if you need more demand it borrows from the grid the extra your house needs

Ask a Question