Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Racoons once they find a.spot they will keep coming back even after they have eaten all.

And Racoons do not eat corn, if they are in the corn fields they are,living there or hunting.

I know you said the pond is to big to cover, but you really need to think of something to protect your investment.
Low voltage electric wire maybe ?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw raccoon prints in our pond years ago. They have never bothered the pond or fish. But my fish have a nice deep area to live in. I very seldom see the fish in the walk out area of the pond where the raccoons, if around, would snack on them.

I put a lot of old corn out in the field, cut off the cob, the raccoons inhaled it. I watched a few huge ones on our cameras eating away.
And Racoons do not eat corn, if they are in the corn fields they are,living there or hunting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Raccoons will eat whatever they can find. We have a few that make regular visits to our outdoor trash bins. We have to keep the tops bungie corded shut, and have a secret system for tying them down that we use that they haven't figured out yet. They are smart little learners! (Obviously I can't tell you what it is - they might read the GPF!;))

We watched a documentary on raccoons in the suburbs. They adapt remarkably well to whatever situation they find themselves in. And if you've ever had them find their way into your house, you know they are feisty as well!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I just can't believe the fish ever escaped from a coon. Usually they're quite good at destroying fish populations the first visit.

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
We do have Racoons and they have gotten fish from my pond.
I guess the coons here are spoiled as,they don,tgo to the trash cans they do go for dog food or anything that is easy pickings.

But your right if your Hungary enough you would eat anything.

Ruben

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Ask a Question