JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have you tested your water? Goldfish rarely jump out of the pond, but when they do it is often a water quality issue. Shedding slime coat can also indicate something wrong with the water. Any chance anything toxic has gotten into your pond?

It didn't jump out of the pond, it jumped out of quarantine shortly after I put it in, while I was waiting to see what people had to say here. My guess is that it was nervous or scared from being taken out of the pond and put into something so much smaller.

Reaction score
Country
United States
[QUOTEIt didn't jump out of the pond, it jumped out of quarantine shortly after I put it in, while I was waiting to see what people had to say here. My guess is that it was nervous or scared from being taken out of the pond and put into something so much smaller.][/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly JB ;)

Reaction score
What are you using for QT? Tap water? Did you dechlorinate? Pond water? How big is the container? Do you have an air bubbler or a filter going? Is it in direct sun and getting too hot? This all seems very disorganized.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What are you using for QT? Tap water? Did you dechlorinate? Pond water? How big is the container? Do you have an air bubbler or a filter going? Is it in direct sun and getting too hot? This all seems very disorganized.

Why does it seem very disorganized? Or, How can it seem very disorganized when I haven't said anything about it?

Ask a Question