Spare pump and bio-filter

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
was wondering if there could be a locked thread where the 2 types of bio filters could be kept, thats the drums and the stock tank ...then they would be so easy for people to find ... :goldfish:

Reaction score
THANKS!

*whew!* The drain thingy (as I call it). Very happy to hear it's something I already have and don't need to race to construct or re-plan to include...
:goldfish:

Thanks very much!

Reaction score
FredrikAnderson said:
Well technically I have a backup pump because my friend just gave me a pump he didn't want anymore.
Waterfalls034.jpg

However I think this pump is too powerful for my little pond. The stats read the same as the high power on the pump I am using. But, I had to use the low power setting on my pump because it was moving intirely to much water. Probably save this pump for a larger pond I will build when I have more property.

Yes, that's a pool/spa pump. Very diff than what's needed for a pond. However, if I were you I'd keep it for emergencies. Simply put a ball valve on the output side (never on the input), and pinch it back a bit. Having it will get you by for a few hours until you scramble to replace your pond pump.

I have an external now, but I keep my trust old Laguna maxflo as a back-up. I have two filters on my pond already (one bio barrel and one Laguna pressure filter), so if one goes (likely the pressure filter), I have the barrel as a back-up.

Ask a Question