spawning madness

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
RSFish, I'd love to get the details of where you are located, do you have a website or email list or anything like that. What side of Indy are you located (please say north, please say north :fingersx: ) We may make a day out of it the next time you have a sale and take the kids to the zoo or something, before stopping by to check out the fish!

That is a pretty fish......Who knows I may end up with a few of those someday!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Jen our Petsmart has Koi. They are very small, but only $4.95 each. I don't know if all Petsmart's carry them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Some of the big pet stores have them, but I've yet to see one that I'm crazy about. Usually they only have one or two, and they usually look a lot like goldfish. I'm trying to stay away from the ones that look like goldfish, just because I already have so many of them and want variety. Thanks though. Actually going to Indy isn't a big deal for us, my hubby and I used to go there before we had the twins just to get cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory or to stop in at Crate and Barrel!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Jen, you will be pleased with RSFish's koi! He is a great guy (thanks for chiming in, Randy!!) and has some really nice fish, and is VERY reasonable! I drove over 3 hours from central IL to get there early on the morning last summer that he had his second sale of the year. I bought 2 battery operated bubblers (he told me to get them in the sporting goods department of Walmart, by the minnow buckets) and fish made trip home in perfect shape in my large cooler with lid. It was a fun time, too. Nice to see about 50 fish in a holding tank, checking them all out, and then there were about 5 of us that showed up early, and we each got to choose 2 fish, then the next person chose. We picked numbers to see who was first, etc. Was like winning the lottery. LOL And, his fish were WAY nicer than anything I've seen in pet stores, especially PetSmart and WalMart. My pet store has some nice koi, in fact I bought 4 from him last summer. I've learned to watch and only buy if it's something I really like and WANT! Be picky, and get what you want. You should private message RSFish and he will put you on his e-mail list.

Ask a Question