j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice photo. I notice one has his head feathers up and longer tail. The others head feathers are down and has a shorter tail. Could they be mail and female or is the one a youngster maybe?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice photo. I notice one has his head feathers up and longer tail. The others head feathers are down and has a shorter tail. Could they be mail and female or is the one a youngster maybe?
I am not sure about the sex of the birds but the other one does have head feathers they are just tucked down, see how they are over the black band. As far as the shorter tail, see how the bird is in a U like shape, the tail appears shorter due to the angle of the picture and position of the bird. However that one won the battle

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Blue Jays have some of the coolest feathers of any bird. I collect them whenever I find decent ones. I also have Northern Flicker feathers, Turkey feathers, a Cardinal feather, and a lot more not in this photo.
IMG_0686.jpg

Still not sure what type of feather that white and bronze one is on the top.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Blue Jays have some of the coolest feathers of any bird. I collect them whenever I find decent ones. I also have Northern Flicker feathers, Turkey feathers, a Cardinal feather, and a lot more not in this photo.
View attachment 77985
Still not sure what type of feather that white and bronze one is on the top.

Maybe a falcon or a hawk of some kind. This is a Peregrine Falcon below. Check out that one large feather to the right that is hanging off the wing. Click to enlarge photo.
iu

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maybe a falcon or a hawk of some kind. This is a Peregrine Falcon below. Check out that one large feather to the right that is hanging off the wing. Click to enlarge photo.
iu

I don't think thats it but I do agree its almost definitely from a bird of prey.

EDIT: actually, now that I did a bit of research it's likely from a Coopers Hawk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Growler

Latest Threads