Squirrel Rehab

B

Burd

here’s a better pic
18FFECCD-E4E2-48B0-B32B-6DB76419EB08.jpeg

B

Burd

She looks worse in the last pic in the sun, yes, there still some patches on her back legs and base of the tail. But way better.

B

Burd

Ive been seeing another black squirrel, (BSM) lol he has a strip down his back w/ no fur, I got him a nut yesterday, he’s not one of the friendly ones, those are harder to treat, also a friend that sits my parrot says she has a Fox squirrel that has mange pretty bad, I gotta get over there with a few med nuts for her.

B

Burd

a gray squirrel I see often has a prob with his tail, he drags it on the ground, it looks wet and frozen. At the base i noticed a open sore, I gave him 1 Rx Nut, good thing there are no bugs out now, that would get infected easily.

B

Burd

There’s a female Fox squirrel that’s real friendly, last summer at first it looked like she had a tick attached to he nose, turned out she tore her nose opening, it healed pretty good, anothe young friendly male broke his arm or hand las summer, he lost the tip of his tail, I can still tell him from the rest, floppy still is doing fine, he broke his back leg or hip.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a broken legged deer that visits. Her front leg was broken at some time last year and healed in a angle. We saw her for the first time last year, thought a hunter would take her out. She is still around, looking healthy, she was eating in our yard during the snow fall. Her front leg is a 45 degree angle out to the front, she limps as she walks.

B

Burd

That’s terrible.
Pinky stopped in this morning, she begged for nuts, she’s gotta be feeling better. It is a girl for sure, and she just a few thin spots on the inside of he back legs.
2BA44ECA-E8D4-4502-88B1-73C2A8A86627.jpeg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pinky is really looking great! Love how you take care of the critters :beaver:

B

Burd

I have 2 more to help out, must be a mom and her baby, they must sleep together, both are getting thin on the back. They show up together every time. The mom is blind in her right eye.
last summer, I tested her, I had socks on, I snuck out, she was looking at something in the back, I went rite up and put my finger in her head, she Deff can’t see out of that right eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question