addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is great none of our squirrels will get that close to me. But they do get free food!

B

Burd

Here’s the food that’s good for them, if they have teeth , don’t do a bottle she says. still give some fruit and veggies a long with the pellets.
she recently released a mink, and has a blind in one eye Opossum rite now, but Fox squirrels are her fave, she is registered with the the DNR.
he was hungry and cold when I found him, I’ll post some pics up of the progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 25
B

Burd

One last pic. I had to put him out in the shed the las few nights I had him he smelled so bad. He just peed everywhere. She gave him a big blanket, he liked to be all covered. He would let yountouch him, but he really didn’t like it. Lol
he really just would eat, then sleep.

Attachments

• 764D3471-8E12-4C9C-B1E6-EF87F45DB1DB.jpeg
    764D3471-8E12-4C9C-B1E6-EF87F45DB1DB.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 31

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah such a sweet baby, glad he is getting all the help he needs to get back to nature.

B

Burd

Update, my daughter named her peaches, it was the first thing she ate, it is a she, peaches may be blind, she had her out of the cage and she doesn’t act right she says. She’s going to have a vet give her a once over. Maybe that’s why she was abandoned.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah poor Peaches, hope if she's blind she can find a home w/the rehabber or someone else to let her live out her life. Is that allowed by Fish and wildlife. I don't know the rules.

B

Burd

She releases her animals on a 30 acre wooded area, a few years back, Annie was a successful release there, she has has like 3-4 years of babies
Its possible I could make a cage without a door, if she can see enough to find it. I could house her by my patio.

B

Burd

Once she released a woodchuck, it was still rather friendly, her daughter found it dead in the yard. She took it in the vets office to try to see what happened, it choked on a walnut. It was stuck in its wind pipe.

B

Burd

I got a text from my squirrel rehabber, it seems that squirrel i recently found is retarded. She’s trying to figure it out.

B

Burd

Something is Deff wrong with it. Perhaps why it was abandoned. It did bite her good, lol. It never bit me and I did handle it.
let’s see what happens over the winter.

Ask a Question