Sturgeon

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
my koi are small...like 4 to 9 inches...the sturgeon that i saw was like 12 inches

I don't know about that, but on the other had sturgeon are relatively slow growers so it might me just fine to keep them together.

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
wait dont know about what???

Sorry I wasn't being specific what I meant was that I'm not too sure if it is a good idea to have your koi which are relatively smaller than the sturgeon to be in the same pond.

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
oh ok...i guess ill just wait a little till they grow up some

yeah that sounds good, but just one question how large is your pond? Maybe you can get some bigger models kois so that maybe the sturgeon wouldn't harass your 4 and 9 incher.

Reaction score
Philanthropist said:
Hmm 400gallons? I'm not too sure about that then. I suppose you could have a sturgeon in your pond, but it would eventually grow too big to keep.

yea i know:banghead3:
id probably upgrade by then

but i like my koi better

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that this Sturgeon thread is now 27 posts long. :fish2:
They do not belong in a pond with any fish. They are river fish and are predators.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I find it hard to believe that this Sturgeon thread is now 27 posts long. :fish2:
They do not belong in a pond with any fish. They are river fish and are predators.

you only added to it:12::icon_rolleyes:

i basically ended it when i said "I like my koi better"

Ask a Question