sturgeon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's people's views on keeping sturgeon? I'm currently thinking of adding one to my pond is there anything different to keeping koi?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What's people's views on keeping sturgeon? I'm currently thinking of adding one to my pond is there anything different to keeping koi?
Yes they can suffer and die from the heat rayman whats the depth of your pond again ?
If you suffer blanket weed they can also beccome entangled and drown unlike koi they cannot swim backwards if you can find a cure from both of the above then you should have no problems with them

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes they can suffer and die from the heat rayman whats the depth of your pond again ?
If you suffer blanket weed they can also beccome entangled and drown unlike koi they cannot swim backwards if you can find a cure from both of the above then you should have no problems with them

Dave
5ft deep mate and don't suffer with blanket weed I have been wanting one for a while now but I don't want it to suffer if it can be avoided

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have an address to a great sturgeon website its this that decided me against keeping them in our pond.

http://www.sturgeon-web.co.uk/faq-and-info

I think your best bet would be to read everything that the site has to offer about sturgeon wise on that site then from that make your own mind up as to whether your going to keep them or not .
They really cant compete against koi for food , so your best bet would be to hand feed otherwise they may start to suffer malnutrition, starvaton and death.

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an address to a great sturgeon website its this that decided me against keeping them in our pond.

http://www.sturgeon-web.co.uk/faq-and-info

I think your best bet would be to read everything that the site has to offer about sturgeon wise on that site then from that make your own mind up as to whether your going to keep them or not .
They really cant compete against koi for food , so your best bet would be to hand feed otherwise they may start to suffer malnutrition, starvaton and death.

Dave
thanks dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats a wise decission for now mate I'd use this winter to weigh up the pros and coms about keeping sturgeon then make up your mind then (y)

Dave

Ask a Question