Swim pond plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I’m in the process of planning my next pond. It will be about 30’x25’ swim pond with a wetland and a relatively short stream with waterfalls. I built a small 10x12 goldfish pond about a year ago that I learned a lot from. My biggest question going into this next project has to do with the plumbing. Knowing how much flow to push through the system of jets, how to set up external pumps, etc. If anyone has any resources they’d recommend that might answer my questions, I’d greatly appreciate any help.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gold.gif
@TheStump29
treesmiles2.gif

So is this from scratch or are you turning a swim pool into a pond?
Maybe show us some photos.................we do love them :happy:

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’ll be from scratch. Just a small goldfish pond there now. I live in the DFW area in Texas. I attached a rough draft of what I’ve got envisioned, but already made a couple changes (such as a bigger wetland and changes to some of the shelf depths).
0972E119-8929-40CE-AFDB-5570728BDA4A.jpeg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, hello from a neighbor to your East, Shreveport, LA. Hopefully someone will come along who can help you. Is this pretty much flat land or are there hills and contours?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, hello from a neighbor to your East, Shreveport, LA. Hopefully someone will come along who can help you. Is this pretty much flat land or are there hills and contours?
It’s all relatively flat. I’ll have to do a little grade work when I start excavating, but not a ton.

Ask a Question