TANKED: unfiltered.....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
anybody ever catch the program on ANIMAL PLANET network called, you guessed it..."TANKED:unfiltered". its custom built fish acrylic tanks . they've got a marathon going today...fresh and salt water tanks. the largest i saw today was 70,000 gals. just stopped to see what it was, and watching the 4th episode now... i never heard of it til today.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I've seen it and they come up w/ some pretty amazing tanks. It's on tonight too.......new ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, my satellite is coming and going, mostly gone .... and, can't for the life of me find my DISH remote. LOL Funny thing is can't remember the last time I had the tv on! Found the tv remote next to the end table by couch, and now worried the DISH remote may have fallen into the garbage can, which I just earlier today emptied and it went out into the trash barrel. Will go out and get that and go through it just in case it was in there. I have a spare remote, but no batteries on hand, double darn it! I love that show, though! Have it recording, so will have to check them out ... if I ever find my remote. Have no idea how to get to the guide to change the channels on my tv remote. UGH! I have all those buttons (guide, channel +/-, menu, etc.) but even when I first press the "sat" button, it doesn't do anything when I then press any of these buttons. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Need a tv junkie to help me out here. LOL

Reaction score
There's another program like tanked that's called Fishtank Kings on the national geographic channel. I've only watched it a few times but I watch Tanked when ever its on.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
they did a nice koi pond...cant remember who for, but a football player. huge wiewing window areas...i dont know how that will be maintainence wize with alge growth on the "glass".... could be a real problem keeping it clean and clear.. looked like at least one 12' long and 3' high window. plus the smaller ones. which are still pretty big. being the pond is outdoors in the sun.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
they did a nice koi pond...cant remember who for, but a football player. huge wiewing window areas...i dont know how that will be maintainence wize with alge growth on the "glass".... could be a real problem keeping it clean and clear.. looked like at least one 12' long and 3' high window. plus the smaller ones. which are still pretty big. being the pond is outdoors in the sun.

This show? Tanked............... http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/tanked/videos/koi-fishing-with-bart-scott.htm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Saw that show. They use acrylic, bend it to fit, really fancy, but I wondered about the number of koi they put in there! Most were pretty good sized, and they are all going to GROW and multiply, too. Of course, he got really fancy koi, the guy at the koi farm said "Those ones will go from $400-$1,000 each". Holy cow! I agree, he's going to have a lot of maintenance on that baby, but it sure was pretty! He had those LED floating fountains, too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I thought of Fountainman here when I saw those lights.
That guy has so much money that he will have a regular fish tank cleaner guy come out all the time to do the dirty work I'm sure. If fish die he'll just buy more.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Saw that episode too. Pretty amazing outside koi tanks. You just wonder what that all cost him.
LOL, If you have to ask you probably can't afford??? Really just from what I have built and looking at all the engineering, contractors, equipment, and all, I would not be surprised with fish and all that it was well over $100K.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If I remember correctly there were temp. control units installed on the pond. I'm also thinking the house and pond were built in Southern Calf. If that is the case then I doubt winter temps will effect them that much.

Ask a Question