tap water dechlorinating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Seller states this blue conical "Koi Pond Water Filter For Fish Pond Chlorine Removal DE chlorinator" does not need chemical in tap water. Anybody uses it & is that true? ….thanx ….. nick

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Do you have a link to a product? Or a photo? Is this something you attach to a hose?

There are filters you can put on a hose to remove chlorine, if that's what you're referring to.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx, Yes & this the URL " https://www.waterfilterman.co.uk/fi...r-for-koi-pond-up-to-99-chlorine-removal.html " .

Also the makers send me this:-
"Hello, This filter will dechlorinate the water for you.
It uses coconut carbon which is proven to remove up to 99 percent of chlorine from the water among other things such as pesticides and herbicides and also volatile compounds"

Do you believe this, & anyone else used it to give some confirmation? ….thanx …..nick

Attachments

• pond-dechlorinator-water-filter-for-koi-pond-up-to-99-chlorine-removal.jpg
    pond-dechlorinator-water-filter-for-koi-pond-up-to-99-chlorine-removal.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've not used this particular one, but we do have a hose end filter that removes chlorine, so I would imagine this would work the same way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Carbon filters do remove chlorine. You have to watch your flow rate. They spec it at 4 litres/minute. Also you have to replace the filter cartridge after x amount of water that has flowed through it.

Ask a Question