Adding tap water

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond lost 6 inches of water and I need to refill with the fish in. How can I declorinate the water with the fish in the pond. Thank you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There are products made for this purpose - decholorinators. Just add the appropriate amount as you add water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup. Perfectly safe. Anytime you add water you should use dechlor if you know you have chlorine in your source water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, follow the instructions on the bottle as to how much to add per gallon of water. I use Tetra Aquasafe Water Conditioner, but there are others.
I have a small digital water meter device that screws onto the end of my garden hose. It was under $20 on Amazon. I think it is called a "water saver".
I add the dechlorinizer to the rushing water as it enters the pond. No need to mix it separately beforehand. I've been doing it this way for many years.
The dechlorinizer I use states one capful to 50 gallons of water. So I add a capful or two and watch the meter.
Easy...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I use a clean horse muck tub fill with water and declorinate, BUT leave it a few hours to reach outside temp so you don't shock the fish with temperature change, then pour it in about the perimeter.

Ask a Question