Tear out time for a NEW pond!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I upgraded my pond last year it it was nothing but a disaster. A leak dictated the work but I failed to do much research which is my fault and the installer was a flop.
20200707_060051.jpg

Before the assault.. just wanted it to be a bit bigger and add another course of the flat field stone edging to prevent runoff. Turns out that the installer didn't know how to install flat field stone. I agreed to boulders because living in New England I have unlimited boulders and big stone on the property.

20200731_152751.jpg

The installers idea of a boulder/field stone border. The grade of the land allows for rain water, sand and debris to be washed into the new pond.
20200908_135406.jpg

This last picture illustrates other flaws. The waterfall he installed directs the plants straight to the skimmer so I have a piece of line to hold the floaters back. He pulled my two year old PF3000 from pond which worked fine and which I will be reinstalling myself come spring in new England. The liner was cut so short I could not improve the edging. Lots of other issues to resolve and I have access to an excavator so I'm jumping right in. Couldn't be worse than what I have so I will say make sure you get a competent installer and ask to chat with previous clients before you flush your money.
HE CUT THE LINER TO SHORT!!

Attachments

• 20200910_110846.jpg
    20200910_110846.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well... all in all it LOOKS very pretty. But it's clear to see where the errors are. I'm sorry that you fell victim to the "oh sure I know to install a pond" "professional". Everyone thinks it's easy - but there are definitely right and wrong ways to go about it.

Hang out with us and we'll give you some tips and tricks along the way.

P.S. Your scenery is GORGEOUS!

Ask a Question