Terrible builds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Here's a photo of the burlap on 1 1/2" white ribbed flex hose. Do remember that my pond is still very much under construction! The burlap has been in the water for a couple or 3 weeks, but until the last few days, the water has been pretty cold, so not much has grown on it yet.

burlap wrap.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Here's a photo of the burlap on 1 1/2" white ribbed flex hose. Do remember that my pond is still very much under construction! The burlap has been in the water for a couple or 3 weeks, but until the last few days, the water has been pretty cold, so not much has grown on it yet.

View attachment 90995

Oooh! I like that! Looks like a tree root!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used some burlap in the pond to cover a pipe, shallow. It rotted away. Took a bit but did just fall apart over time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used that it is still lasting years later. ages beautifully. Above and below water

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
i imagine it can be cut into strips then wrap pipes ect? This is it in my pond hiding a preform. It really does do a nice job looking like real rock
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone

View attachment 90995
I can see your liner on the far side of your waterfall (which is beautiful btw). Are you not finished? How will you hide that. From what Ive learned, exposed liner will deteriorate with exposure and not to mention, is unsightly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I spray painted mine with paint made for plastic hid them well
I was thinking Id like to hide my filter pump a bit better on my sand colored pond bottom and I considered spray painting the case, but I worried about the health of the pond with spray paint (underwater tolerance, chemicals that could leach...ect). What did you use you deemed safe?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was thinking Id like to hide my filter pump a bit better on my sand colored pond bottom and I considered spray painting the case, but I worried about the health of the pond with spray paint (underwater tolerance, chemicals that could leach...ect). What did you use you deemed safe?

The stuff is spray cans at lowes or hd, made for plastic. I did it years ago, no pond issues and still lasting well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
The stuff is spray cans at lowes or hd, made for plastic. I did it years ago, no pond issues and still lasting well.
Thanks! I was really worried about their durability under water. Do you think I could spray my filter cover with that plastic spray and hide it just a bit? (Of course I will disassemble the entire thing so the filters are not sprayed as well.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I'm making my own edging out of screen that I shape into an L cross section about 3x3 inches. I then make a "mold" in the damp ground, sprinkle it with very dry and fine sand the same color as my rock, then spray window sealing urethane, which is a bit flexible over it. Next wearing disposable gloves, I press the screen into it and dump more dirt on to weight it down. I let it sit for a few hours, then pull it out. It's easier to do than to explain.

I can cut the upper edge every few inches to bend it around curves in the liner edge. One edge goes under the rocks or turf, the other down into the pond. So far, that has worked well on the upper pond, I just have to find time to do the lower. The liner is epdm rubber, so sun shouldn't have any affect on it. I won't leave it exposed for very long though. You can see a small amount of the edging just past the burlap wrapped pipe to the bit of duckweed.

I suspect the burlap won't last real long, maybe a year or two, but replacing it is cheap and easy. It's a pretty natural product, so shouldn't be a problem in the pond while it breaks down. Paint flaking off in a few years might be more trouble.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I like this rock on a roll, as an idea to hide my pvc pipes. Does a anyone know if I cut it strips to wrap the pvc, will I need to glue it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I like this rock on a roll, as an idea to hide my pvc pipes. Does a anyone know if I cut it strips to wrap the pvc, will I need to glue it?
You may need to glue the ends, but there are pond safe methods for that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I'm making my own edging out of screen that I shape into an L cross section about 3x3 inches. I then make a "mold" in the damp ground, sprinkle it with very dry and fine sand the same color as my rock, then spray window sealing urethane, which is a bit flexible over it. Next wearing disposable gloves, I press the screen into it and dump more dirt on to weight it down. I let it sit for a few hours, then pull it out. It's easier to do than to explain.

I can cut the upper edge every few inches to bend it around curves in the liner edge. One edge goes under the rocks or turf, the other down into the pond. So far, that has worked well on the upper pond, I just have to find time to do the lower. The liner is epdm rubber, so sun shouldn't have any affect on it. I won't leave it exposed for very long though. You can see a small amount of the edging just past the burlap wrapped pipe to the bit of duckweed.

I suspect the burlap won't last real long, maybe a year or two, but replacing it is cheap and easy. It's a pretty natural product, so shouldn't be a problem in the pond while it breaks down. Paint flaking off in a few years might be more trouble.
Thanks, I trully was curious how you could cover that high slope of lining. That makes sense. Screen and paste with rock? Is that the gist?

Ask a Question