The bleeding eye

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Try just making sure she/ it has good quality water before buying any medicine. Frequent changes doing 20-30% a day or every other day, using clean water, with a water conditioner would be a good start. If you see improvement, it will be a better chance for survival. This fish may be too ill to survive, but it’s lasted this long, I think if you can keep water quality good, until you can get a test kit, that is the best chance. Save the money for a good aquarium test kit, don’t spend it on medicine. This fish will either live or die based on good water and good food. You need to find out just what kind of fish it is. Don’t forget to change the water in the other tank top.

Reaction score
Country
India
It may be a goldfish or maybe a hybrid does it have barble's around its nose and mouth ? When ding water changes one must always add a dechlorinator/decloromine to avoid burning the gills.... you must also match the temperature of the water with that of the tank to avoid stress ,, even if doing exams it is vitally improtant you keep on top of things which means regular water tests , water changes filter cleaning etc .
Never overfeed your fish nor add new fish into the tank without giving them 4 weeks of quarentine first .

Dave 54

i use the tap water but store it for 2 days before changing and also sometimes i add ANTI CHLORINE medicine

Reaction score
Country
India
Try just making sure she/ it has good quality water before buying any medicine. Frequent changes doing 20-30% a day or every other day, using clean water, with a water conditioner would be a good start. If you see improvement, it will be a better chance for survival. This fish may be too ill to survive, but it’s lasted this long, I think if you can keep water quality good, until you can get a test kit, that is the best chance. Save the money for a good aquarium test kit, don’t spend it on medicine. This fish will either live or die based on good water and good food. You need to find out just what kind of fish it is. Don’t forget to change the water in the other tank top.

I will try to maintain the best water quality i can. i have dropped the decision of buying ammo lock as i have read many negative comments about it .
the fish is doing good actually but i m only concern that she is every time juping or trying to 'suicide'. i m very sad about that i m not able to help her .

can you please please tell whether i should mover her to the old tank with her 2 friends or not ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Letting it sit for two days may not remove all the heavy metals. Spend the money on water conditioner. Thus dies more than just de chlorinate watt, it causes most harmful substances in the water to change into a form that’s not harmful to the fish. So unless you are on well water or use rain water, you need some.

Attachments

• 8662A19F-5EAC-4CE2-A600-7589CCB7B7A5.png
    8662A19F-5EAC-4CE2-A600-7589CCB7B7A5.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 0EDD5478-CDC5-42FE-9DE1-55B31C499B08.png
    0EDD5478-CDC5-42FE-9DE1-55B31C499B08.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 287
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I will try to maintain the best water quality i can. i have dropped the decision of buying ammo lock as i have read many negative comments about it .
the fish is doing good actually but i m only concern that she is every time juping or trying to 'suicide'. i m very sad about that i m not able to help her .

can you please please tell whether i should mover her to the old tank with her 2 friends or not ..
Don’t move her. She may be unhappy with the water, or may have parasites, or may just be a jump happy fish. Be sure it has a lid. You need water conditioner, if there is chlorine, that can be irritating any wounds from the ammonia burns. You should also get a test kit as soon as you can, if the water has something in it that is causing her to jump, the test kits results can help us help you. But water conditioner first.

Reaction score
Country
India
Letting it sit for two days may not remove all the heavy metals. Spend the money on water conditioner. Thus dies more than just de chlorinate watt, it causes most harmful substances in the water to change into a form that’s not harmful to the fish. So unless you are on well water or use rain water, you need some.
I was looking on water conditioners only ..well thank you so much for helping me

THIS IS THE THING WHICH I CAME ACROSS AND GOT ATTRACTED TO IT NOT BECAUSE I CAN AFFORD IT BUT ITS POSITIVE REVIEWS.

Aquatic Remedies Stress Heal Water Conditioner, 200 ml
  • An active ingredient, aloe vera acts as natural wound healer and greater immune stimulant, reduces fish stress
  • Quickly removes chlorine in tap water and binds toxic compounds, reduces ammonia toxicity in water, rapidly reduces stress and mortality
  • Wound healer, stress remover, transport aid, slime coat, ammonia controller, chlorine remover, water conditioner
  • Dosage - 10 ml / 100 litre
    51UkNUn3F-L._SL1000_.jpg
CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST A BEST ONE OUT OF THE 3 WATER CONDITIONERS :

EITHER BETWEEN TWO OR THE ONE WHICH I SUGGESTED WHICH ONE YOU THINK WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE 'CONDITION , SITUATION AND HER PROBLEMS '
upload_2018-1-27_19-44-35.png

upload_2018-1-27_19-43-3.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The one you can afford is the best one, as in; if you can get one, and use it, it’s better than trying to save up for one. I haven’t noticed any difference in brands, aside from really cheap ones I used years ago, a bad knock off brand. If that one has good reviews, go for it. I’m half way across the world from you, so I don’t know what you can get, I’m just trying to point you in the right direction so you can find what works. I doubt your oval store has the same stuff mine does, and so I won’t tell you one brand over another.

Reaction score
Country
India
The one you can afford is the best one, as in; if you can get one, and use it, it’s better than trying to save up for one. I haven’t noticed any difference in brands, aside from really cheap ones I used years ago, a bad knock off brand. If that one has good reviews, go for it. I’m half way across the world from you, so I don’t know what you can get, I’m just trying to point you in the right direction so you can find what works. I doubt your oval store has the same stuff mine does, and so I won’t tell you one brand over another.

Thank you so much .i have now booked the first medicine which i suggested and it is supposed to arrive before 2 February till then i will maintain good water quality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Good. You are learning about fish keeping. If you think of the tank as a fishes home, you will be good. We all like a clean home, which is why the water changes are needed. They don’t have a toilet they can use, so it all goes out into the water. No one wants to live in poop, or breathe in pee, so the filtration is a short term fix that water changes do. I provide rocks and plants to make the home nice, comfortable, and pretty. If you follow good advice, and think how you would like to live if you were a fish, taking into account the needs of the fish, you will be good.

Reaction score
Country
India
Good. You are learning about fish keeping. If you think of the tank as a fishes home, you will be good. We all like a clean home, which is why the water changes are needed. They don’t have a toilet they can use, so it all goes out into the water. No one wants to live in poop, or breathe in pee, so the filtration is a short term fix that water changes do. I provide rocks and plants to make the home nice, comfortable, and pretty. If you follow good advice, and think how you would like to live if you were a fish, taking into account the needs of the fish, you will be good.

thank you so much. I was guided by such kind-hearted people who taught me about fishes and made me a better fish keeper. i will definitely work hard and will try to gain more knowledge about fishes .

I removed plants from the hospital tank as its root pieces were flowing here and there and disturbing the fish .

I would like to thank you and all my friends in this group who helped me a lot in fish keeping.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Please save up for a simple test kit. The medicines you have mentioned are usually more expensive than the test kit. I'm in Asia regularly and I see them in the pet stores quite regularly. Not sure if mentioned, but have you brought your water to a pet shop for testing if you are unable to get a kit?

I'm not the expert like many here, but ammonia damage to fish is quite serious and often not reversible. I hope your fish a quick recovery. You seem to care a lot for them. Good luck

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Her pet shop doesn’t do testing, and last I gathered, are closed for a bit. I recommend she find another one, that can test the water.

Ask a Question