TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Amazing! I thought the paradise you created couldn’t get any better but here we are!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
'does the tinkering ever end...?' I hope not! I think this is why LPS exists!

Nice mods, GB! Inspired by one of your latest vids showing the 'log fall', I'm working on a faux version.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't been keeping up with the abbreviations. But i get the gist

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks great. Like a whole different pond at night. Frog probably thinks it’s a city frog about the town with all the “street lights.”

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Looks great, lights definitely make the pond a focal point even after dark. did the same with my pond, still need to add another under water light, though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks great. Any info on lights? Type? Brand? Wattage? Getting ready to add lights to my pond and I couldn't be more confused. I have a medium redbud tree near the pond that I have made into a seating area. I would like to uplight it but I know nothing about landscape lights.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks great. Any info on lights? Type? Brand? Wattage? Getting ready to add lights to my pond and I couldn't be more confused. I have a medium redbud tree near the pond that I have made into a seating area. I would like to uplight it but I know nothing about landscape lights.

I think @GBBUDD uses Aquascape lighting? Pretty much the only brand that people here think is worth buying. Whatever you buy, disregard all marketing info and just look for the IP rating of the fixture. You want IP68.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
For out in the yard i am only using home depot cheapos led solar lights they look like baseball sized rocks 8 bucks a piece if i get two years out of them ill be more then happy . Yes in the pond i am using aquascapes led i love the one watt for the suttel lighting but when the peach fuzz begins to cover the lens its hardly noticeable so on the mai pond shooting across the pond I'm using 3 watt. But on the main fall they are to bright so i use two 1 watt. Hockey puck lights but on the log that is two of the home cheapos rock leds. I believe they are also only 1 watt. I also used one walk wY lights laying them down to throw just a hint onto stumps and bushes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
For out in the yard i am only using home depot cheapos led solar lights they look like baseball sized rocks 8 bucks a piece if i get two years out of them ill be more then happy . Yes in the pond i am using aquascapes led i love the one watt for the suttel lighting but when the peach fuzz begins to cover the lens its hardly noticeable so on the mai pond shooting across the pond I'm using 3 watt. But on the main fall they are to bright so i use two 1 watt. Hockey puck lights but on the log that is two of the home cheapos rock leds. I believe they are also only 1 watt. I also used one walk wY lights laying them down to throw just a hint onto stumps and bushes.
Used to have lights but as noted, you really need to clean them regularly. Which can be a pain unless you plan their placement ahead of time. When my lines began to lose individual lights, didn't want to have to replace them all, all of the time. Your lighting DOES look great, though.

Ask a Question