addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw, I put my camera in my pocket all the time. The way to catch good pictures

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So today I am out cleaning the filters in the pond and I have my dog out in the yard with me, she will usually go back behind my garden and hunt up moles or mice and that is what I am assuming she is doing. I go to check on her after about 15 minutes as I approach the garden area I see her in my asparagus garden and as soon as she sees me she runs into the yard, as she passes me I see that she has about 6 inch asparagus stalk sticking out her mouth. By the time I catch up with her she has just about gone. I go back up to the garden to see how many she had eaten and from what I could tell she had eaten 4 of them, not sure the size probably about 6 -10 inches in length because I harvest them every day. She loves asparagus and the only reason I can think she would have done this is, that we were in the garden last week and I picke a few, some were quite thin so I broke them up into 1" pieces and gave them to her, now I might be regretting that decision.:frown

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no, you have created a monster. Time for a little fence for your garden and then maybe a little patch of garden for your pup to munch on too :bowdown:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The storms yesterday...................the tornado passed south of us

at one point we were getting rainfall at 17.89 inches an hours, I have never seen that much rain come down at one time

winds

The pond got another good flushing lol

everything did well yippee!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We got mostly winds from the storm and 3 different torrential downpours and sun came out shining about 4 o'clock but we still really had the strong winds .Called the guy at solair as he was supposed to put up the wind a solar monitor .Check it out wind turbine combo sun and around 3 thousand dollars www.solair.com it is made by dyocore great thing when it's working it switches from your normal electric company automatically and has no batteries to maintain darn it went to there awning company again www.dyocore.com goes to the home turbined

Reaction score
addy1 said:
my lilies and lotus have started, lilies have nice leaves, lotus has stems and leaves starting. (just put in pond from pond boy here on the forum, nice healthy tubers)
Will be fun to watch them grow.

Glad to hear they are doin good for ya addy...:regular_waving_emot

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My fussy lil pup just digs for mice, voles, moles. When she finds their scent she goes crazy, Another bath for her yesterday, totally covered in mud when I brought her in. She gets an hour hunting walk everyday, but I don't always let her dig like crazy.

Reaction score
before I got divorced my lab used to go in my garden and eat the cherry tomato's. Gonna have to start a garden at my new place.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bought a yellow cherry tomato plant from home depot 2 summers ago, it is still giving me tomato's. At the end of summer I take cuttings and grow the plant all winter, we get tomato's usually by january, february, until it is time to plant it outside. I take cuttings around march, root them and they are put outside for the summer cycle.

They are so sweet and produce like crazy. This is before it had tomato's, couldn't find the shot of the plant with tomato's on it .

Attachments

• DSC00690.jpg
    DSC00690.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 205

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well if that's not a cool idea I don't know what is...............I'm gonna try that here addy. What a pretty photo of the snow, birds, and tomato plant just growing there in your big huge windows :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Well if that's not a cool idea I don't know what is...............I'm gonna try that here addy. What a pretty photo of the snow, birds, and tomato plant just growing there in your big huge windows :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of starters this year.............would you like me to ship you one?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you and very nice of you to offer but I have a bunch of cherry tom seeds that have always been good to me on producing and I just pop them in their little pots and put them in the green house and they are good to go.
These pics are from last year or the year before and you can't see the cherry tom's but they are in the back. No toms on the plants in this picture tho.

Toms2004.jpg

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Saw this on my way home from vacation. Read whats on the cargo carriers.

Attachments

• P1020598.JPG
    P1020598.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 233

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Went on vacation and took my dog on her first boat ride. She loved it.

Attachments

• P1020397.JPG
    P1020397.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 178

Ask a Question