The water cooler

Reaction score
This is an idea from a motorcycle forum I belong to. Its a thread to say hi and to post random stuff that doesn't really need its own thread. So here it goes.

Reaction score
Started feeding the fish. the water has been staying over 50. Now that they have some food in their bellies they have been really active.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad to hear oldhead, i still have not seen my few little fish recently, but the water is right now 59! Did see one frog heard another, all plants are growing, flowers blooming lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still too cool to feed my little buddies..........nothing but rain, rain, rain. It's gotta get nice sometime soon. They want food cuz they are coming over begging
goldfish71.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is slowly creeping up 56 water temp today!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
my pond is 55 ...yes 55 here in the uk would you believe !!! :0)
i have been feeding mine just a little once a day since it was 49 ...yes i know i shouldnt but some say you can feed down to 45

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice hot day........................72 degrees in my pond., we went up to 83

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing doing a nice water change right now! up to .66 inches of rain and lots more to come

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I jsut looked out the window and now I have white caps on the pond. I live where it is constantly windy on top of a hill that is not far from the ohio river. If my association allowed it I would contemplate putting up a windmill to run my pump.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
After watching the Dr's cat and dolphin video it reminded of something my dog did the other day. We have a new dog as of January and during the last 4 months she never realy paid any attention to the pond or fish, just the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks drive her crazy. When you let her out all she wants to do it is dig, hunt up the chipmunks or chase the birds well anyway last week we started feeding the fish agian after the long winter. So the first few times we put the food in the pond she paid no attention but now she is right there as you throw it in. So I put food in the pond the other day and goes up to the edge and has her nose practically in the water and one of the big Koi come right up and grab the food that was next to the rock, scared the crap out of her she must have jumped back 2 feet. So now when she walks up to the edge of the pond all the fish come toward her and it freaks her out a bit. She won't drink out of the pond and now goes to the creek since this incident. I wish I had a video camera.

Reaction score
My pups like to look at the fish eating. They have been really active and come swimming when they hear/feel the door open. The plants are starting to grow too. Just waiting on the lilies and the lotus to start

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my lilies and lotus have started, lilies have nice leaves, lotus has stems and leaves starting. (just put in pond from pond boy here on the forum, nice healthy tubers)
Will be fun to watch them grow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish I had a camera w/ me all the time to get those shots that are so cut like that t-man :lol: I threw a big ball into the pond today and one of the cats went outside and saw that thing in there and you'd have thought the aliens had landed when she saw that thing floating around in the pond. Course by the time I went and grabbed my camera she could have cared less and sauntered off w/ her tail up in the air :rolleyes:

Ask a Question