TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Got an update! I know I said I was gonna wait until march for the bridge, but some material for my other project ( new fish tank build ) got delayed, so I decided to go ahead and build it now.

Here are the few pics I grabbed:

B573A444-75B6-4FE6-BD79-151EE9E21510.jpeg

Lots of treads

498D1942-ED1F-4ACA-BB7F-26A5D188D081.jpeg

Base for the bridge ( used a jigsaw for the arch, not perfect by any means)

DA0B81BE-FFF5-4374-96D3-AA02E17080D9.jpeg

And the final product, I am fairly happy with it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Happy day of the two's! Do you think fantails could survive in Colorado, it got down to -3 today ( pond is probably still in the early 30's ) and I don't know that they would like that.
My fantail survived this winter with max -6 celsius, only ice on surface

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have built several bridges for my property and this is the second one for my pond . Bridges just add a really nice look to a pond . I sometimes sit in the middle of my pond bridge just to distress . It just calms you . Spitters in a pond are great for noise and aeration . I built 4 spitters for in my waterfall pond from just pvc

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
My fantail survived this winter with max -6 celsius, only ice on surface
My only concern now would be them not being able to keep up for food with the comets and shubunkins that are in there now, but I suppose there is plenty of it to go around in a pond!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I have built several bridges for my property and this is the second one for my pond . Bridges just add a really nice look to a pond . I sometimes sit in the middle of my pond bridge just to distress . It just calms you . Spitters in a pond are great for noise and aeration . I built 4 spitters for in my waterfall pond from just pvc
I think I may add some spitters to the pond this summer too, they add some really nice sound and interest!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
great job on the bridge it has just the right curve to it , all too often i see them with so much you know the first time someone stepsw on it with some moisture on it or a begging of moss your going for a ride

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used old pump parts and pvc parts . End caps and pipe and screw in pump arts that were to small or not used on extra pumps . Always have extra pumps around and I keep every part

Attachments

• DSC02566.JPG
    DSC02566.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02567.JPG
    DSC02567.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 15

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
great job on the bridge it has just the right curve to it , all too often i see them with so much you know the first time someone stepsw on it with some moisture on it or a begging of moss your going for a ride
I think that was more of a factor of laziness, ( not wanting to have to glue multiple boards for the arch ) but I do like the gradual curve, thanks!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I used old pump parts and pvc parts . End caps and pipe and screw in pump arts that were to small or not used on extra pumps . Always have extra pumps around and I keep every part
looks good, I like it!

Ask a Question