TheFishGuys Goldfish Pond Build.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I used old pump parts and pvc parts . End caps and pipe and screw in pump arts that were to small or not used on extra pumps . Always have extra pumps around and I keep every part
Aha! Now I finally know what to do with all those leftover pump fittings! Great idea!

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
we have had a warm streak ( from the negatives up to 65 ) and my pond is almost fully deiced, while waiting for it to finish I stuck the gopro in and saw 4 baby's still kickin and all of my big goldfish, happy that they made it through the first part of the winter!

Oooh! That looks really nice! Gives the pond a bit of a Japanese garden type of feel. I also like how it adds a bit of height, which automatically makes the pond blend in better with the rest of the garden. Nice work!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Oooh! That looks really nice! Gives the pond a bit of a Japanese garden type of feel. I also like how it adds a bit of height, which automatically makes the pond blend in better with the rest of the garden. Nice work!
Thanks! Now I just need to make the rest of the pond look decent.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
because of the warm weather, I have been looking at the pond a bit more, and realized the thing that bugged me most was the exposed liner around the sides. Hence I started working on edging. I am trying my best to get close to the aquascape way, but I think I will need to rip this edging out and re-do it with some larger rocks later in the season.

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

Its far from perfect, but a heck of a lot better than what was going on before.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Got an update!

Yesterday I decided to start on the bog. I got the hole dug/berm built ( building on a bit of a slope ) and the plumbing all ready to go!

The bog is about 14 inches deep, and 5 x 4 for width and length. It isn’t huge, but I hope it will do the job.

Still deciding wether to go with epdm liner ( $160 ) or hdrpe ( $90 ) but hopefully I will have that sorted out by next weekend so that I can wrap up the bog!

22169D38-A055-4D60-B4BA-7820700ED699.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Call me crazy I can't get past its a woven material toooooooooo many potential failures. I know they are tough. We uncover truck loads all the time . Same material .

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Wouldn't hesitate to go hdrpe. Lighter, stronger. And at your size, probably no factory seams, either.
Hdrpe has my vote, nice bog hole!
hdrpe is about half the price, so that is what I am leaning towards. The only place I have found with the size I need doesn't say how long it will take to ship though, so I am waiting to hear back from them!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Call me crazy I can't get past its a woven material toooooooooo many potential failures. I know they are tough. We uncover truck loads all the time . Same material .
Why would a woven material have more potential failures?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try justliners.com if you have a question they actually ANSWER THE FRIKIN PHONE AMAZING in today's day and age . I ordered a 30 x40 epdm and it was at my door in 3 days Tenn to CT

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Every strand has a bond on all four sides each strand is like 1/8 of an inch thats a lot of strands to have to bond to each other. But on the flip side it's one reason it's less prone to tear . But cut it and watch how it freys

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Every strand has a bond on all four sides each strand is like 1/8 of an inch thats a lot of strands to have to bond to each other. But on the flip side it's one reason it's less prone to tear . But cut it and watch how it freys
I didnt even think about that being an issue! Is this why you went with epdm for your pond build?

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Try justliners.com if you have a question they actually ANSWER THE FRIKIN PHONE AMAZING in today's day and age . I ordered a 30 x40 epdm and it was at my door in 3 days Tenn to CT
yeah cant say the same about American Tilapia, no answer and havent heard back yet... I will check them out!

Ask a Question