Thinking of adding a bog to an existing pond?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How things have changed, my bog filtered pond build was not well accepted when I started my build, 11 years ago. I would never do it any other way.
So neat to see others jumping on the bog wagon, makes pond keeping so easy.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So neat to see others jumping on the bog wagon, makes pond keeping so easy.

There's no question, I would never have another pond without a bog. It seems like such an obvious way of doing things now. Certain times of year, my bog is more entertaining than my pond because of the birds, frogs, and chipmunks that make use of it. Soon the hummingbirds will be flying in for the Cardinal Flower.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I wish I had their skills in creating such a natural looking waterfall. I also noted they said " fabric - liner - fabric ".......we just did fabric - liner, but the extra fabric makes sense , especially with those larger cobbles.

Do you just drop a pump into the snorkel and pump it out, to clean it ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The extra fabric really makes sense when you're using Aquablox - they have square edges which could conceivably be sharp or put pressure on your liner with the added weight of the rock and gravel.

And yes, if you needed to you could drop a pump down into the snorkel. I've only done it once, and the water was crystal clear. Maybe I'll try it again before the season is up - just to see what's going on down there!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Our little bog is so simple in design by comparison to this one. They really dig for depth for those aqua blocks ! I wonder if the same team did her original pond, so lovely.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
found this video i thought would go well with the whole picture
blob:

Last edited:

Ask a Question