Tips for avoiding headaches on liner install.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
About 1080 gallons. As long as the construction is solid you should be good . Our other pond is 11x13 and 2-4 deep. Double wall construction. Holding up well but about half is below grade.

Reaction score
the only thing I would add is when you unroll it make sure that if there is any writing on it to put that side down. When I installed mine the instructions said to unroll it in a certain direction. I did not realize that by doing so it was going to be installed with the brand name facing up. After a year or so it was covered with crud so it didn't matter but at the time it really looked bad.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DO NOT DO WHAT I DID .I got under the liner after I got it in and treated it like doing a pie crust and could not find my way out the water fall side .Would have made it on funniest home video's if some one was taping it .Try to get help .sure wish I had some because those liners are heavy .Also leave the liner unfolded in the sun it make more supple
Good grief sissy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You CAN get in, just not under the liner! Google how to fold corners, and try it on your bed to practice, and impress your wife! I found that if I tucked the extra fabric between the wall and the rest of the liner, it helped keep it in place, but I also screwed mine down, I’ll link a picture for my indoor pond when I get home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if you truely want a very clean and neat appearance on the walls you can always cut and install pieces of rubber the size of each side bottom etc. NOT FOR EVERYONE . Or you could fake it. Install your liner do the best you can folding it flat then cover the wrinkles with rock on a roll or more rubber. That covers the liner from one corner to an other.
You can find how to seam rubber at pond construcyion and equipment forum.at the top is a sticky how to seam rubber. But your best option in to fold it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
First step is center the liner. Lay your long sides out and work it along the bottom and sides, leaving the short sides for after. At each corner, gather the excess, and use a rock or bucket to pin it out of the way. Work your short sides till they lie smooth. All excess liner should now be in a single upside down triangle fold now, one at each corner, and you can either tuck that in front or behind your sides.
My short sides is what I did, but it required several folds of each flap to get it to fit. With a bigger build, you may find you want to go along the long sides. Either screw or pin the excess liner along the top edge as you work each section into place. If you are doing the above ground, you might find you can use thumb tacks if the top of the frame is wood, but don’t puncture the liner unless you know that part will be above the water line.

Attachments

• BD16B382-7BA4-48FC-8B35-F89EBA236F32.jpeg
    BD16B382-7BA4-48FC-8B35-F89EBA236F32.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 39D876F1-A7BC-4AF1-9B87-73E4DC67347E.jpeg
    39D876F1-A7BC-4AF1-9B87-73E4DC67347E.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 81

Ask a Question