Tips to redoing a pond

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have lilies and 4 or 5 milk crates that are supporting plants right now in the pond that would be transferred to the pool. Since this is so far out, would it make sense to drop a bag of lava rocks in to allow a buildup of biofilm to then transfer to the pool when moving day arrives?
And would it make sense to invest/build a biofilter that I could install in the pond early to allow it to "mature" which could be easily transferred to the pool and then back to the pond that would help with the ammonia in case I decide to pull down and rebuild the bog after/during the re-line?
Actually either option, the Lava Rock or the filter, would work. You will need to allow at least a month for sufficient biofilm to develop. If you can allow yourself that much lead time on the project, you shouldn't have any major problems.This same set-up can be returned to the main pond after the project is completed to bolster the biofilm growth there.
Methnks you have solved your problem!;);)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Methinks you helped! Although me thinks I'm pretty sure I'll have a zillion more questions as the project evolves. Lol
As always, thank you Meyer! (y):);)

Ask a Question