Tractor tire pond

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you could cut out enough of the bottom of the tire. dig out the center as well and set in a hard shell baby pool for some extra depth. before lining with the plastic,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow neat idea and to stop critters getting your fish you might build a screen dome to fit over it while you are away and at night, kinda like a lift off round bbq lid :cheerful:
Might have to stick some kind of stakes around the bottom to hold it in place or critters might lift it off like it was at a buffet brunch :eek:

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Wow guys who knew. I have a 8 foot stock tank with a rusted out bottom. I could cut out the bottom and add a 6 foot 18 or 24 inch hole if I wanted more depth. Cool thinking.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
but as with using 6 mil plastic, and the like... i would like the added protection of a $5.00 hard shell baby pool. if your using pond liner thats another story! not that i would bother with a tractor tire pond in the first place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
but as with using 6 mil plastic, and the like... i would like the added protection of a $5.00 hard shell baby pool. if your using pond liner thats another story! not that i would bother with a tractor tire pond in the first place.
The site I listed has up to 37 mil for liners and are VERY cheap, even compared to the 6mil rolls at Lowes!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Jason I have been a EPDM guy for a long time and love it. But you know for something like a tractor tire or a stock tank that stuff maybe just the ticket.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
make a great emergency pond and actually small pvc liners are not to expensive .12x14 here is less than 25 dollars .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep those billboards are tough too and I have seen one that has been up for over 15 years and storm ripped it down yesterday so thinking about going down there to pick it up .Store it advertised has been closed for 7 years now

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
getting to it is going to be a hassle it is up on a hill and with all the rain we have gotten it is going to be a slippery climb .gonna take the golf shoes with me ,maybe that will help me get up there .I may end up in the ditch other wise .Hate to say it but the post that held it up are not to sturdy either .I thought for sure they would break first ,maybe after this bad storm we just had it will all be on the ground .Stupid thing is they have had lights on this sign for years and never have turned them off or put up a new sign

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't get electrocuted trying to mess w/ a sign that still has all those lights laying around sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am going to look at it good if the whole thing came down I am not going near it .I know every time it is windy here you can see it shaking .

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I was going to suggest that you wait for things to dry up. Then I recalled that you were getting frequent rain. Oh well.

Another 100F day. Put the frog eye sprinkler on the marginals I have piled up around a tree. Mostly iris and rushes of various sorts. The poor things get neglected.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well went to look and the strong storm we had around 1 knocked the whole sign down on the billboard or at least half down .I called Danville utilities and told them the lights are smashed on the ground and that it could be dangerous and they will send a truck out ,they told me

Ask a Question