Tractor tire pond

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
In this video a guy converts an old tractor tire to a cattle trough simply by dumping some sack create in to it. It would be an inexpensive alternative to a preformed. I am not sure I would want to do that because it can't be moved. But it would be a nice form to dump a liner into.

​For [SIZE=11.818181991577148px]temporary[/SIZE] use sanpsets are a better choice.

I don't know if worn out tractor tires have much value. We have to pay to get rid of car tires.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow how neat my neighbor has one of those really giant tractors and I saw to of his used tires in the field .But knowing Marty he would not give them up ,but I will tell him about this idea for his cattle and horses .There is a stream but it runs on the other side of his property line so he does not have access to it .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Like this! :)
tire-pond.jpg

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Looks like you trim away some of the bottom side of the tire to get it to lay flat ?

So you costs are maybe the pump and the sheet of plastic ;) Way cool!

This would make an execlent pond for a few fancy goldfish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It would make a great place for the baby fish or just a place for birds to drink and refresh themselves .You can buy the 6 mil black plastic .I like the idea since it can be sturdy and heavier than a preform .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
sissy said:
It would make a great place for the baby fish or just a place for birds to drink and refresh themselves .You can buy the 6 mil black plastic .I like the idea since it can be sturdy and heavier than a preform .
Where can you buy the 6 mil sissy?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lowes or home depot both sell it and one of the lowes here sells 10 mil black.I know because I used it under the floor of the guest house doubled up to hold up the insulation under the floor .I have a roll right now of the 6 mil black

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just bought it 3 weeks ago at lowes comes in bigger rolls too

Attachments

• pond black plastic 002.JPG
    pond black plastic 002.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 767
  • pond black plastic 003.JPG
    pond black plastic 003.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,547

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you use the 6 or 10 ml from hd lowes, protect it from the sun, i.e. any edges not under water. It does start to stiffen and crack once exposed.

Another cheap fix would be one of their tarps. I used a 9 dollar one for my carnivorous plant bog, still doing great. You can buy a brown one (brown one side silver the other) The tarps don't break down as fast in the sun.

cr8tivguy

Tim Thompson
Reaction score
I can see it now. I'm going to end up with about 4 square feet of grass and 100,000 gallons of ponds in my yard! You guys/gals are a bad (actually good) influence on me!

Ask a Question