Trimming the liner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Pond is filled and I have probably 1 to 1/2' of liner overhang outside the pond. Any recomendations for how much to leave on the edges, how much to trim off?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would not trim it at all right now. Give things time to settle. If you can, fold it under in case you decide to go bigger!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Agreed. I try not to trim if I can avoid it. Makes it easier to seam it to the next bit when you enlarger the pond too. Better to hide it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
lol I think I have all I can handle trying to get this one up and going! Ok thanks I will try to fold under as best I can and cover with rocks. Hard to get it to look neat.

Reaction score
fold it back and tuck it under rocks.

I made the mistake of trimming too much, and now I'm installing a new liner (which I will leave for future expansion). It really seems true that everyone eventually wants to go bigger.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
roll it up or fold it up and hide it, dont trim it....i wish i never trimmed mine... you may be glad its there one day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Thanks everyone I will be working on rocking the edges this weekend. I will leave the extra liner.

Pump arrived today. We will be giving it a test run tonight. Water has been in since Saturday with no pump moving anything. :/

Ask a Question