Trying an Experiment

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it should come back i think the root is bulky alot of food stored ? we eat it as vegetable its like boiled potato
Oh I have eaten Taro many times..... I go to Haiti two to three times each year..... Rather bland by it self but the Haitians make a sauce to go over it and it's pretty good..... Although new people that go down with us ask what's in that sauce..... It's better you don't know..... Lol

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
View attachment 102590 View attachment 102591 View attachment 102592
Here you go Meyer..... Invasive little beast..... I started out with one plant 12 years ago..... At one time had dozens, trimmed it down to only four "Volunteers"... This year..... But you have to admire them they are survivors..... The worst zone 7 winter won't kill them.... And the one as an experiment is peeping a leaf out from under the waterfall with roots.... Going to leave it and see if it will survive the winter bare root in the water flow..... Jimmy

As long as the 'daughter' plant remains connected to the 'mother', if the 'mother' survives the Winter so will the 'daughter'/
This brings to mind a research article that I read some years ago that documented the fact that some plants, if not all, can sense water nearby and send roots and runners in that direction. Everything that I have seen seems to bear this up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep seems they do great but need root trimmed or roots can get over 8 or 10 feet long and they send up lots of babies .Like elephant ears they are invasive .They do clean the water in my filters but after they get so big then I plant them in pots and give them away .I planted 1 banana plant by each side of my deck off my master bedrrom last year and this is the result .The ones by my pond .They do help with the afternoon sun .
101_1094.JPG
101_1255.JPG

Ask a Question