Trying to find the best pump.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
First of all you are comparing to entirely different type pumps.The Alpine is a mag-drive pump whereas the Helix is a direct drive pump. The Helix and and other direct drive pumps will give you better sustained flow a higher heads than a mag-drive, but the mag-drive is more electrically efficient and therefore less expensive to operate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I did realize this. And wanted to see if others agreed. Do you have ever any knowledge of the helix. My pond will be about 3200 gallons with a 3ft waterfall. With calculations there will be ano approximate 6ft head.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looked like a good pump and I want to be able to put the pump inside the skimmer. Do you have any suggestions?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
After 20 years in the pond contracting business, because of health related issues I was forced to retire and sell my property because I was no longer able to maintain it. So, at present, I do not have a pond.
In my 20 years of contracting I used, to varying extent, every pump that I mentioned and a few others that I didn't.
Each of these pumps brands is quite dependable, have good product support from the manufacturer (important), and handled the job as advertised.I will admit during the last couple of years that I was in business, i leaned more to EasyPro.
It really boils down to two things....what you want the pump to do and how deep is your wallet.

Ask a Question