Clapping.gif
Clapping.gif
Clapping.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
IT WORKS WOOHOOO!!!!!

the culprit was finally discovered. The pump's seals and bolts were loose. Thank God for the pond pros I had out and thank you all for helping me eliminate other issues saving me money!
Did this pump come from the manufacturer like that? I would call them on the warranty.

well since its working I'm not going to bother. I have 2.5 years left on a 3 year.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
well since its working I'm not going to bother. I have 2.5 years left on a 3 year.

I would reconsider that decision. Any pump that is returned in a warranty claim is sent to the manufacturer for a final determination. If ANY sign of tampering or attempted repairs are discovered, the manufacturer will void the warranty. In fact, the repair that was made likely has already voided the warranty. I would call the manufacturer if for no other reason than to determine where the pump stands related to warranty coverage. You may, unfortunately, not have an enforceable warranty any more.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
After a few days it went back to clogging and I just gave up for the winter. But now I finally have resolution. Because the same company that installed my pond used a flapper valve on my skimmer I assumed they used the same on my bottom drain. WRONG. They used a spring valve and a dead fish was clogging everything instead. Amazing since this has been going on a year. Thanks to all for your advice and for those of you who guessed right congrats! :D

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Spring check valves will definitely catch any thing going through it

Ask a Question