tuff week for my poor little pond

Reaction score
Ponds been up for a few weeks now and was just starting to clear up. Yesterday I did my 10% water change as I have every saturday. well after I was done a buddy was looking at the pond and he noticed a crack in it. So I had to drain the pond 2/3rds of the way down. I used a 2 part epoxy to seal the crack and let in sit over night. This morning I went out and filled it back up. Well the 2 part sealed it for the most part but it is now a trickle. So I drained the pond again and tryied some more epoxy on it. Thinking of just getting another one from HD. Hopefully this seals it. I was just starting to see the light at the end of my tunnel as far as my cycle and now I would have done well over a 100% water change this weekend so I guess here we go again. :regular_waving_emot::::::::

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear what happened as I just went through that myself and had to take my whole pond apart and replace the whole darn liner .All because of a new neighbors dog .Is your pond a preformed or regular liner because home depot and lowes both sell a tape that seals cracks and to be honest it even works on preformed .I used it several times and have had good luck with it .You just have to make sure the area is cleaned well and dry .I found that the tape works best if hot so I just put it in the sun on a hot day and if it's not hot enough out I use a hair dryer on high heat to warm it up .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Good luck and hope it works out .To try and succeed great to try and fail just try again .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also read somewhere, rub the plastic with some acetone before you attempt to seal it, even with the tape. It will hold better.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true addy forgot that thanks good old nail polish remover works great in a pinch .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing, don't use nail polish, so no remover around.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze addy always keep it on hand dollar store stuff works great to loosen rusted bolts and nuts also .

Ask a Question