Two days of rain, thunder and lightening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow weve been sat at home these last two days listening to thunderstorms breaking around us and then at at one stage directly over head that have hit both Devon and cornwall.
The pond and I dont really believe this, it is all but an inch from the edge of the pond before it overflows , I'm totally amazed the amount of rain thats dropped on us these last two days , what the hell happned to summer all of a sudden , in reality much of the week "pardon the pun", has been something of a wash out all told:cry: .
The papers had aready said weve had half the rainfall for August and that was a few days ago, the reports in for yeterday vary between 40-60mm depending where you are in either county.
So if add this lot to it I'd say weve had the entire amount for August and then some:( ..
I'm fed up with having to unscrew the panel that hides the overflow valve "I'm going to go out and crack the overflow/skimmer pipe open for the duration of this weather me thinks," otherwise another bout of rain will take it over the edge which we dont want :(

Dave

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
40 - 60 mm (1 - 2 inches) of rain in a 24 hour period is quite commonplace here on the Gulf Coast. We consider anything over 4 inches/24 hours a 'rain event'.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
40 - 60 mm (1 - 2 inches) of rain in a 24 hour period is quite commonplace here on the Gulf Coast. We consider anything over 4 inches/24 hours a 'rain event'.
Oh I know that Meyer having visited Florida on Numerous occassions in the past my friend but for Plymouth 40-60 is something of a storm to the good people of Plymouth .

Dave

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Florida is darn wet, in most places.

You need a quick release panel Dave