Upside down fish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m new to the forum.
I have a 5000 gallon pond which homes a variety of fish.
One of my fish has been swimming upside down now for about 2 months is there anything I can do as it is quiet upsetting to see him like this. I have tried feeding him peas and tried Epsom salts as I was thinking it might be a swim bladder problem but he keep spitting the peas out. he is quite friendly and will let me hold him. Please help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What kind of fish is it that swims upside down? Can you send a photo? I had a few fancy gold fish orandas that had this problem. I was able to correct it by making them special harness from air tubing and connections. You can see how it worked here:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1602709547902.gif
@Hallas58
Are you using cooked peas and taking the shell off of each pea and squishing it? Might have to take him out and put him in an aquarium to see if he will eat the peas when no other food is available to him. It could be something else wrong like a tumor etc.

Ask a Question